If you are the “Cali” player during doubles league (i.e. you are playing without partner), this is how it’s done:
1. You get to re-throw one shot per hole, from the same lie, without penalty (drive, approach, or putt).
2. After you make your repeat throw, you may decide to keep your original shot, or your re-throw. You are NOT forced to keep the re-throw.
3. If you ACE on a re-thrown drive, the ace counts, both for your score and for winning the Ace Fund.
4. In a sudden death playoff, the Cali player continues to get one re-throw per hole.
5. In a “CTP” (Closest to Pin) playoff, the Cali player gets two throws.